I bet you have heard a lot of about detoxing, juicing and other regimes that are meant to detoxify you body, but many of us do not really understand what the process of detoxification truly means and how to practice this every day.
To answer the question of why to detox we need to understand that our liver is designed to get rid of toxins that we have in our body from external sources such as coffee, alcohol, processed foods, stress, prescription drugs, pesticides, personal care products, pollution and smoking (to mention a few). Also, if you have allergies to certain foods, these trigger reactions in the body that is harmful to your own cells. This is why detoxing is crucial in order to get rid of the toxins that get into our body through our lifestyle and the foods we eat.
Detoxing does not mean that you need to do hard-core fasting our juicing, it can also be achieved daily by simple routines and by reducing certain sources of toxins that enter your body.
Simple daily routines that you can incorporate:
- Drink tons of water, from the minute you wake up and throughout the day. Start by having one or two room temperatured water in the morning, add lemon to it to increase the purification process. Your body is approximately 60% water , your brain is 70% water and your skin is 64% water, so you truly need a lot of water to function in a healthy way.
- Get moving and focus on breathing deeply in order to get the oxygen levels up and become aware of your deep breathing and treat it as a way of detoxing.
- Use turmeric in your food, juices or smoothies since it is a detoxing superfood.
- Eat more plant based foods such as spinach, broccoli, beans, seeds, fruits etc. in order to get some living foods in you which helps with the natural detoxification process. The source of these greens are very important, locally grown and organic is preferable.
- You can also use a dry skin brush on your skin and dry brush your skin every day. Through this you stimulate the lymphatic drainage which is detoxing.
I just love making green smoothies daily, to get minerals, vitamins and naturally detoxing greens in my routine in a easy way. I always use a type of these sources mentioned below, in my smoothies:
- Spinach or kale
- Vitamin C sources such as orange or kiwi
- Any fruit that you just love
These are just a few ingredients that I like to mix together and you can fin your own perfect blend when you start experimenting with different ingredients.
My mission is to create a higher positive vibration in the world, connecting with loving and light beings. Law of Positivism is a way of being and living, in total love and gratitude.
About Law of Positivism
See the Gallery